It's that day of the week once more, and while this hasn't been the most frugal of weeks there have still been a few frugal saves.
1. The last few days have been very sunny so the drapes and blinds are wide open. Taking advantage of the heat and light from the sun. My furnace has only been running during the night, late evening, and early morning. The rest of the time the sun beating in the front windows keeps things warm as well as well lit.
2. I have read two books for entertainment. One of which was downloaded free, and the other was 80% off and I used a gift card I got for Christmas 2 years ago to pay for it.
3. Used all the leftovers in the fridge, and part of a meal was frozen to use later.
4. Did some more decluttering to continue with the simplification of my life. I am trying to simplify my wardrobe and things that just don't fit right or I haven't worn in a certain length of time are being donated or cut into usable fabric if not good enough to be donated.
5. I pulled yet more orphan balls of yarn (large ones) to make mitts for the younger students at the school Kurt teaches at.
6. The rotisserie chicken I purchased yesterday will make us another meal or two this week, so actually quite frugal overall.
7. Free coffee at a friends place this morning.
I hope to have some pictures for you tomorrow of some finished projects or projects I am working on.
I am also going to get around to visit all of you. I fell into bed last night almost right after supper, just so tuckered out. I think probably from stress.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.
You seem to pack a lot into your days!ReplyDelete
You deserve a good sleepReplyDelete
It all sounds great and I look forward to seeing the photos. xxReplyDelete
Yesterday, it warmed up enough in the sun room, I was able to leave it open for the afternoon. The furnace cut in only once until the evening. I wouldn't want to be doing in the basement, mind you, but it really makes a difference.ReplyDelete
Have a great weekend!
Og dear, feeling stressed is not good at all. Hope things are better today.ReplyDelete
You seem to have had a really productive week. I need to de-clutter my wardrobe too as a lot of my stuff, tops mainly, are quite old and a bit shabby now. I need to recycle a lot of them and wear the better ones instead.ReplyDelete
I hope you are feeling less stressed today x
We've let our Costco membership go but I must admit I miss their rotisserie chickens. We'd get at least four or five meals out of one. We can get them locally but they're small and very costly.ReplyDelete