Thursday, March 2, 2023

Thrifty Thursday


 It has been another week of using items up and shopping from home. I bought only fish this week when I was shopping and did manage to pick up a few more items for my stocking up for a year on certain supplies (all were on sale, or hadn't gone up in cost).

I am pretty sure I have enough dishwasher soap for a year, garbage bags, SOS pads, bath soap for Harvey (I think I may need one more container of bath gel for myself), liquid hand soap, stove top cleaner, and a couple of other items. I will wait on a few others after I figure out how much I am using each month.

So what thrifty things have we been up to this week.

Harvey has been using up bits and bobs in his workroom, pictures to come on Saturday. He has been working on another specialty feeder. 

I mended a pair of Harv's boxers, darned a pair of socks, and fixed a neckline on one of my nightgowns.

All food leftovers are being used up, either for lunches or as another meal for our suppers. 

I have been pulling fabric I have bought at garage sales to make some spring/summer wardrobe refreshers. Many items are being made for well below the cost of purchasing in my second hand stores. The second hand stores here do not really carry my size or if they do the items disappear very quickly.

Substituted for ingredients I did not have on hand.


In other words pretty much the usual around here.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.





7 comments:

  1. Thrifty is definitely very cool. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the limited shopping. Enjoy your sewing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on all your thrifty measures this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on stocking up, saving your clothes by mending, and using all of your leftovers! That's thrifty 101 right there! I'm not good at mending, but I do the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see Harvey's hummingbird house...clever of him to use up wood like that. I stock up too when I find a good bargain. It seems each month has something different that crops up and needs money...that's the way it is here. Whether it's glasses or hearing aids or insurances, etc. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done really well at stocking up. We're continuing to eat from the freezer. That's a good thing, because my February budget is broken.Everything has become so expensive. Hope you & Harvey have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really wish we could stock up in a similar manner to what you're doing but we simply don't have the space to store a whole lot. We try to keep more than one of the items we use the most though.
    Another way we have of stretching our food budget....we like to use butter on our bread/toast etc (bake with margarine though) and this morning Resident Chef turned two lbs. of butter into at least four by whipping them in the mixer with 1 cup milk. Whip on low 2 mins. and then turn to high until fluffy (2-4 mins).

    ReplyDelete