Thursday, March 9, 2023

Thrifty Thursday

 


Pretty much the usual thrifty past times happening here. I am doing pretty good on the no waste part of the business. There are only a few items left in the fridge freezer and they will slowly disappear over the next few weeks. 

I am going to start cutting the smaller scraps from my wild and wooly pattern cutting into squares. I may even manage to cut a few smaller squares (like 2" or so). I now need to hunt down a storage basket for those smaller squares. I might just try my hand at a postage stamp quilt sometime in the future. It would be pretty darn scrappy though.

I baked a loaf of bread yesterday, and plan on making some cookies for the freezer at some point today. 

Mending took place, just a seam and a hem this time around.  I do think the zipper on my coat will need replacing before the winter is finished here. 

Harvey used up bits and bobs of wood in his workroom making bird houses and another bird feeder. He is also having fun making two different types of wine. 

No shopping this week and no errands needed doing. We do need to get the car in hopefully next week for a service. 


We are supposed to be getting a big snow event coming our way. It snowed a bit yesterday and is snowing right now. Starting on Friday and carrying through the weekend we are to get (supposedly) up to 20 cm of snow when finished. I hope this is March going out like a lion. It also means that my shopping could be hampered next week....I will not drive through that much snow and risk getting stuck.


Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.






7 comments:

  1. I hope you don't get too much snow. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the weather advisory this morning, and I'm hoping that we won't that much snow here in the city...or outside of it either. Stay warm and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually snow this late in the winter doesn't hang around too long so I hope that's the case where you are. The snow we had last week is now a frozen mass of ice so it's not going anywhere fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's snowing here in my part of California AGAIN. Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm afraid to tell you that March isn't leaving for 3 more weeks. I hope the snow slows down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so many questions about the hummingbird houses.
    I LOVE the idea because we have a bunch of hummingbirds around here. How big do you make the entrance hole and where do you hang the house? Do they need to be hung up high or in a scrubby tree with lots of small branches? I have lots of pine trees. Closer to the trunk or further along the limbs? Thanks ahead of time for the info.
    JCKitty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually made a stop at the local thrift store today and I was hopeful of finding some sewing patterns for wee girls but the only one they had was way too fussy for my abilities. I refuse to pay full price for sewing patterns. On the good side I managed to find a pair of capris and three tops - all $3.99 each. And a purse for $7.99. I didn't really need the purse but when I found one I like I decided I could store it until I need it.

    ReplyDelete