Thursday, March 30, 2023

Thrifty Thursday

 


Still not feeling my best, but at least I am not aching all over today, and while I did not have the best of sleeps last night, I still managed to rest.

So what thrifty things have been happening here on the Phillips homestead. 

Mostly just the usual with the added walking outside a bit more.

I have also been saving the unwritten portions of mail we receive once again and stapling them into note pads to use with phone calls. They usually aren't big enough for my biweekly shopping trips but are great for using by the phone. 

Hubby always leaves a bit of water in his glass and I have been using that plus a bit more to water my plants once a week. I save the water in a jar throughout the week.

I cut up some old unmatched pillow cases that were slightly worn into rags. 

Still using up bits and bobs of yarn. This time making mittens for school children.

Chopped up some celery that was getting a bit old and put it in the fridge freezer.

Used the ham bone to make ham broth.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.
God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Ditto here with unused paper and extra water. I also save water when I am running the tap until it gets hot for a sinkful of dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuckled at saving your hubbies water for the plants. Only because it is brilliant! I i remember having a house with a lot of plants 🪴.
    I also like the celery idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you didn’t get any sicker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope you're feeling back to yourself soon. There is definitely some crud out there.

    ReplyDelete