Sunday, March 12, 2023

Sunday Ramblings


 The storm past by at around 6 last night, the sun even tried to peak through the blowing snow. Of course that meant we would be digging our way out very soon.


Sunshine and slightly warmer temperatures made it easier for me to shovel in the places that Harvey couldn't take the snow blower. Now if we couldn't do it on our own, we would need to hire someone to do it for us, or rely on our very much younger neighbours on both sides. They do offer to help out in any way we need them to. 

Harvey then decided that if I didn't need the car tomorrow he would move the truck in the driveway. He is hoping that the city makes a few passes down our street either today or tomorrow.

Once the dig out was finished I cut more scrap fabric into 4" squares and saved the smaller scraps that can be cut into 2" squares. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get those completed tonight.

I pulled the bits, bobs and orphan balls of yarn to make those mitts for the school Kurt teaches at. I am hoping to get those started right after I finish the sweater I am knitting for myself. I will work evenings on those and get started embroidering the quilt squares again now that I got all the threads and the sun is shining (the embroidery will start once I get the fabric scraps settled). 

We couldn't get to Mass today as the roads are still filled with snow except for one lane down the center of the road. No parking really available. Our priest put the service online for all of us, to keep us all safe. Lent is moving along at breakneck speed it seems this year. I have a bagful of items I need to drop off at the Food Bank and will be starting another this week. 

Continuing the using up the fridge freezer this coming week, but the pickings are getting pretty slim. Mind you after todays supper there will be a bag or two of leftover roast beef added. Hope to use those up quickly as well as the few things in there still. 

Off to visit all of you.


Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.




9 comments:

  1. Mmmm......leftover roast beef. It wouldn`t hang around here very long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have so many lovely sounding projects going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine your snow.....as we have a sunny day today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely had more snow than us. A snowblower is definitely helpful with dumps like this one.
    All of your projects make me feel lazy. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew on the snow, sounds like way way too much. Surely it will stop soon. So many have really been dumped on this year. Glad I've been able to avoid winter by being in a warmer climate. Sounds like you've got lots of projects in the wind. Good luck with all. Take pictures and let us know how it's going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you guys got nailed. SO glad you are able to dig out. I have pulled some pillow cases I am embroidering in the evenings. Just to keep my mind at bay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good of you to knit some mittens for the school children. I've never knitted mittens or gloves, it took me till just a few years ago to finally learn how to knit socks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know about you Jackie, but I am so over winter now. We still have a foot or more of snow here. Wednesday the temps are supposed to be up to 5 oC I do hope they are right with that!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a lovely ministry to knit mittens for the school kids...probably they'd appreciate hats too.
    Leftover roast beef would be going in the soup pot here and would stretch into several more meals. We rarely eat meat just for the sake of it - most often it goes into soup or stew.

    ReplyDelete