Monday, April 17, 2023

Menu Monday

 


Heading into the third week of the month and also heading into what could be a late snow storm. I do wish sometimes that Colorado wouldn't share their lows with us.


Any how I have spent the day preparing for whatever happens and keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get as much heavy wet snow as being predicted.

Here our the menus for this week.


Monday

Spaghetti and meat sauce. I added some extra veggies to the sauce.


Tuesday

Soup and sandwiches. Split yellow pea sounds lovely. I will use some ham broth and a few small pieces of ham when I make it. Sandwich wise not too sure as of yet.


Wednesday

Leftover Tuna Casserole. 


Thursday

Baked spaghetti, and some garlic biscuits.


Friday

Lentil Curry served over rice. I will make a fairly large batch and freeze a few portions. 


Saturday

Leftover Baked Spaghetti and more garlic biscuits.


Sunday

Sweet and Sour Ribs served over rice and mixed veggies. Making a bigger batch and freezing some of the ribs. 


This will use up some of the items in my fridge and freezers. Of course I will be adding to my frozen meals, but that is always great if I just do not feel like cooking one night. It also keeps us from ordering out.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


7 comments:

  1. My daughter in law plans her menus in 6 week cycles. I don't have a clue how she does it but you do the same thing, on a smaller scale. I'm impressed with both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything sounds delicious. You are very organized, I usually decide what's for supper around noon (if I have to take something out of the freezer) or 4:30 (if I have forgotten and will have to resort to something from a can or an eggy dish. This happens surprisingly often!) Of course I am just cooking for one but I do like to have a proper meal in the evening, saves me nibbling on less healthy snacks..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope the snow passes you by - not nice in April. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's snowing here already this morning - started as rain and has turned to snow but is melting as it falls. I understand this is just the prelude and we'll have much more overnight. I'd be happy if it would miss us but that doesn't seem likely.
    Both my son and I tested negative for Covid yesterday. He's back at work today and I'm grateful to have avoided it.
    Stay warm and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your menu sounds delicious. I'm not crazy about soup, but I love split pea soup. I hope you're feeling better and that you won't get too much snow. We had snow showers yesterday, after high temps all of last week. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fingers firmly crossed for you that snow will not arrive after all x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you didn't/don't get the predicted white stuff...enough already! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete