Thursday, November 26, 2015

Slowly But Surely

Thanks everyone for your wishes for my knee to get better soon. While it is not as painful as yesterday, it still sends shots of pain up my leg when I move it wrong. Did not get much sleep last night either so I will be hitting the bed fairly early today.

To all my American readers Happy Thanksgiving. We all have much to be thankful for.

Since my knee was still causing problems I decided that household chores would be done slowly. Thank heavens today was an easy chore list, however I did not think my knee would take kneeling on the kitchen floor to scrub out the oven. That delightful task was left till early next week.

Instead I decided to tackle a couple of easier tasks that needed to be done.

First off I tackled the closet pantry shelf. Half empty boxes were emptied and the contents placed nicely on the shelf. The boxes themselves were placed in my recycling basket.

Then on to my on going project, the decluttering of the sewing/craft room.

This is one of two boxes of 2" strips that I rolled up and placed neatly into their containers. I can now see what I have to make strip quilts or use for binding. I still have a couple of boxes of strips thrown willy nilly into them that I will be going through and rolling. Much better organized now, and I am hoping to be able to remove a few containers from the room, or repurpose them to hold something else.

Tomorrow I plan on working on some baskets of yarn. I think I will be donating a few partial skeins and balls just so they are out of my house. I am fairly sure some crafty person will be able to use them. I also hope to be able to cut out a few patterns, but we will see how quickly I can get my chores done in the morning.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


1 comment:

  1. I definitely need to do a good declutter of my sewing room, as I do very little sewing these days. I like the way you store your 2" strips. Very organised.

    ReplyDelete