Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thursday Tid Bits

It seems like winter is once again slowly arriving. I woke up to snow this morning which made it just lovely to head out and get my little bit of shopping done. But I did venture out and managed to get everything done. Heck, I even managed to buy gifts for my two brothers. Christmas shopping is now done!!

It is hard to buy for my brothers as they are big men. One considerably big so when and if I can find something other than socks that fit them in the cart it goes. This year I was very lucky. I managed to find Henley shirts for both of them for under my budget. One is getting a greenish colour and the other is getting a smokey blue.

The rest of the day was spent reading blogs I follow, posting on a frugal forum I am part of, doing a few household chores (as usual), reading a few chapters of my book on my ereader, and doing some knitting (which I will go back to as soon as I am finished here). So all rather boring and laid back.

I did get some good grocery deals on some steaks and a pork roast. Love a good deal. My total grocery bill was $95.78 and I saved $12.27. Not as much as I would have liked but since I used my Visa to buy said groceries I will be getting another 2% back at the end of the year and since I am a Co-op member, well come July there will be another 4% back on top of the 2% on the card.

Saving money where I can means a great deal when one is on a fixed income and the holidays are coming up.



Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


2 comments:

  1. First off, thanks for the warm congrats to Deeds and her band members. They surely did an awesome job.

    Next, I totally understand about the budget for Christmas...we are on a fixed income and have to be very careful during holiday buying.
    With 10 grands, 3 with mates now, so that 13 grands, 3 great grands, son, daughter, their mates and ea other, I have to shop all year long...searching out deals and sales...Mr. Sweet needed a new warm winter cap to pull down over his ears and new jeans...found these on sale the other day....a warm scarf and cap for my brother...have most of my shopping done and will finish it by the end of Nov..
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, so glad you have your Christmas shopping done. Yes, big men are hard to buy for. My first husband was big and so is Brandon. I usually take him with me so I can have him try things on. This, of course is very close to Christmas. I buy the boys one item and then give them a little money to spend as they choose.

    Stop over to my Writing Nook if you get a moment. I have another post up. Something actually happened that I can write about. LOL

    ReplyDelete