Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thrifty Tuesday

I have been using up items in the fridge freezer, making them into tasty meals. Saved lots of cash by using them up.

I have also been making Christmas gifts using fabric and yarn from my stashes... Harvey figures I have enough of both to open my own shop!! And I kind of do seem to collect on sale fabric and yarn. One never knows when it will come in handy. Like right now getting gifts ready for Christmas at a fraction of the price of buying gifts.

Like these three simple slouch hats (or beanies) I made for my nieces. This project used up four small balls of fluffy pink yarn that I could not figure out what to do with. The hats along with 3 pairs of mitts each make up their Christmas gifts this year. The mitts were made with yarn left from other projects. Total cost was $5.00 each gift compared to $15.00 each.

Kept me out of trouble working on them as well.

Got one of my hats back at church. So I am off to Parish Council tonight. I guess I need to learn how to say no to a priest.............

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment