I am finding out that restrictions do safe cash and can make a frugal person a bit more frugal, if that can be done.
1. Only drove once this week and combined errands in order to save gas and wear/tear on our vehicle.
2. Drapes are open on the sunny days, and days with minimal cloud cover. This really helps with keeping furnace usage down.
3. Very rarely using the data component of our phones. However I don't want to give it up as when power goes out (as happened a day ago) we would have no way to check emails or messages. Or contact our power company.
4. I am really enjoying BritBox and by paying for 10 months in advance I am getting two months free. Hope they continue with that.
5. Laundry done in the usual frugal manner using cold for washing whenever I can and always rinsing in cold.
6. When our power was out for just over 6 hours all those quilts and knit blankets came in handy keeping us warm.
7. I am buying what could be classified as winter veggies. They seem to last longer than others in the fridge.
8. I got a free liquid hand soap when I was shopping on Thursday. Free is always frugal in my books.
On Wednesday night and into Thursday and even part of this morning. We had a bad wind storm here in Saskatchewan. Power was down in many regions of the province and in fact there are still some places here without power.
Many of the farms in our area have sustained major damage. Grain bins and shops destroyed. Trees down and any children's play equipment in the yards are gone.
Here in my city we had trees down, shingles and fences destroyed, a garage blown down and the roof off a building.
I think we were lucky in that we only had a few branches (well quite a few smaller twigs and small branches) off our trees, my swing chair and stand were blown over and the cover is only God knows where (could be in the small town to the west of us for all I know). Still we got off very easy in comparison to many.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.