Another work week gone by as well as almost the whole month of January. Not that we worry about work weeks as neither of us work anymore. Everyday could be considered part of the weekend I suppose.
What frugal things have been happening around here.
1. This was the first day that Harvey used the snow blower, but he used the shovel much more.
2. Used up some of those extra meals this week. Saved me cooking and cleaned out some of the fridge and freezer.
3. Combined errands as usual, and paid bills online.
4. Used up a couple of balls of yarn knitting on the temperature blanket.
5. And perhaps the best one of all since it took a great deal of my time, driving, and angst, finally handed in my resignation for my position on Parish Council. I have been on that for the last 28 years in one form or another. Time for someone else to share their time and talents.
I did the budget up today (I know there will be no spending the next two days) and while I was slightly over in groceries we were under in every other budget line (a couple like the car payment which drives me crazy we were right on) we were well under. That makes me happy.
I was asked how long the grocery shopping I did would last. Some items will last a month or more (bought 2 large bags of coffee beans as they were on sale for half price and those will last at least 2 months or more). I will end up buying milk, fruit, and fresh veggies next week but hopefully not much else.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.