Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Thrifty Tuesday

 

Well, I still have not really had a chance to figure out how to change my blog posts to something that would be more interesting to my readers.... Perhaps one of these days I will come up with a brilliant idea. But for right now I will continue doing what seems to come naturally to me.


Since Kurt and Kris left we are working our way through snacks and sweets. I think we just may have to work up to walking even more. I am surprised that there was this much leftover even after sending things home with them. 


I am looking up new recipes to use up all the bits and pieces in the freezer. I hope to not let things get away from me again. Having a lovely roast meal once a week is wonderful, but it really is not in the least thrifty if I end up throwing bags of mystery meat out from the fridge freezer. 


I have planned and put together some crafting ideas to use up my various stashes. I am hoping this will keep me on the straight and narrow. Lots are really useful ideas for the house such as new tea towels, dishcloths, and even some of those over the stove handle towels to wipe my hands on. 


Mending has been done as well. Just a few hems on Harvey's dress pants and a couple of seams on a few of his t-shirts. I do have a pile of darning to do, but I am saving that for next week.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 


God bless.





5 comments:

  1. Just scrap crazy quilts would get used, but by the time you buy the batting and the back it can get pricey. I think potholders, aprons would be great gifts. My sister puts anything worthy of soup into a plastic bag and then into a coffee can in the freezer. Than she just puts it all together, it is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post reminded me of my mother and how pretty she used to sew hems in pants. Everybody would bring their pants or slacks over to her, to hem. She'd do it by hand and each stitch was even and gorgeous. I don't know what the stitch was called but you could hardly see it when she was finished. I so wish I had taken the time to learn that from her! Thanks for the memories, Jackie. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do what feels right to you Jackie. I sometimes wonder if my days of any interest to anyone but I still write about them. I used to do my writing in a journal, now I put it in the blog.

    Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog just as it is, but do what feels especially right for you, Jackie. I enjoy your Facebook posts also. Do you count your steps each day or just the time you spend walking? I’m trying valiantly to get into a walking routine. We have had no snow in Leamington except on Christmas Day and it melted on Boxing Day so walking is good outside with the temps so far not going below 4 or 5C. I can’t even use the weather excuse not to walk, but unfortunately I seem to be only averaging 1 out of 3 days. It’s going to be my big push for the new year!

    ReplyDelete