Sunday, January 17, 2021

Sunday Ramblings

 



Things are quiet on the old homestead. One could almost say boring as I decided that today would be spent for the most part doing whatever I wanted. I have lots of time to declutter (after all we are now on restrictions until the end of the month) and to do my usual extra cleaning. 


So what did I do today? 


I finished two letters to my pen pals, and finally wrote my resignation letter for Parish Pastoral Council. That one still needs a bit of work, but the bare bones are there just waiting to be fleshed out a bit.


I watched a Zoom meeting talking about Human Trafficking that the Sisters of Loretto put on. I am a lay member of the order. It was very good. 


Mass was watched live streamed from Regina as I have become accustomed to doing during the pandemic. I wonder if I will ever get used to wearing real clothing and not pajamas once we can all attend again. 


I have done some hand quilting until it got too cloudy to really see the stitches, knit 8 rows on my temperature blanket for the year we were married, and pulled fabric to make a dress. 


Our usual roast meal is in the oven and soon it will be time for me to peel potatoes and carrots. Sliding them into the roaster to cook with the meat. I have some leftover slaw and so will serve that as well.


So a pretty laid back and boring day. Something all of us need at times.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.


God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice day Jackie, not at all boring, just pleasant and undemanding. Isnt that what we need at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a similar day myself. Sometimes it's good to just chill and do what you feel like doing at the time. It's restorative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say you got a lot accomplished on your laid back day.

    It looks like we're in for a few colder days but they won't last. I'm quite happy with less winter to get through. :)

    Take care, stay well.

    ReplyDelete