Friday, March 4, 2022

Frugal Friday


 The snow stopped at some point last night and no more has fallen as of yet today. Still the sky has been cloudy, no sunshine peaking through at all. Instead of being able to work on my cross stitch I have worked on other things. I finished working in the ends of the yarn on the sock so those are now completed, cut out the shorts I hope to get made this month, and done a few rows knitting on the next scarf. 

Now on to the frugal happenings on the old homestead this week.


1.  No shopping done this week, but I have been adding to the list for next week (hopefully what I need will be on sale somewhere or other).

2.  Used up all the leftovers in the fridge for lunches or other meals.

3.  Working on my various projects using what I have instead of going out and purchasing other items.

4.  Added another $70.00 to my savings envelope, and $4.35 to the change jars. 

5.  Working on using more of my appliances to make meals instead of relying on the oven. I am going to see if this really does save electrical costs.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. That's some really nice savings that you've added. I love your idea of using other appliances instead of the oven. I try to use the oven once a week only. I make sure to cook/bake everything I can in one go, since the oven is already on. We use solar energy, but I'm still mindful of my energy consumption. Stay safe & warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow started here at my daughter's home outside Regina early Friday morning, and didn't stop until near dark. We shovelled twice during the day because it would have been far too much if we waited. There's more to be cleared today, yuck!

    D and I were chatting yesterday about the air fryer. I'll be interested in hearing how you make out with the electricity bill.

    ReplyDelete