Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Nothing, Nada, I Need to Practice Patience

 Still no call from the doctor, no call from the office either to set up a new appointment. I suppose that can be construed as kind of good news. Mind you the week isn't over yet so who knows what will happen. 

I need to figure out a way to hang my yarn wreath up either on the door of the sewing/craft room or on one of the walls in the room itself. I may need Harvey's help with that though. Not a good hammerer of nails or other such things. I seem to hit my fingers instead of the nail. 

I sewed another 4 patches on Kris's quilt, only two left to go and I may just leave them until for another day and work on doing the yarn ends on the dish cloths and sewing...which of course I procrastinated on once again. They take a very short time to sew, so I hope to get those completed tomorrow.

Frugally, well I baked bread, washed and hung some of the quilts and took a couple of walks. I brought the meats up for the main courses of our suppers this week and truth be told probably some of next weeks meals as well now reside in the fridge freezer. 

I have also made my list of projects for April (probably will add to them as the month progresses, just a slight habit I have) and I will share them with you tomorrow along with how well I did on this months "crafty" projects. I might even add a picture or three.

Tomorrow I plan on trying a bit of batch cooking between other tasks (just soup, pizza dough and the making of said pizza) and getting things cleared up a bit more in the sewing/craft room. My that room seems to get overwhelmed at times with projects started and projects finished and projects in the planning stages. I really need to learn how to organize things a bit better or at least not get so carried away. I started a bit of an organizing spree today, and will continue with that tomorrow. I just might even find a few things to declutter along the way.

We had a visitor to our yard this morning.


This was taken out the window you can enlarge it (at least I hope). While we often have pheasants visit us by walking down the street or on the edge of the valley, this is the first time we have had one visit our front yard. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. I will visit you all shortly (well after supper). 

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. It's hard to focus on tasks when waiting for results yet you seemed to be doing a great job of it.
    I'm with you thinking no news is good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your doctor contacts you soon since I'm sure it's difficult waiting. I would take it as a good sign though. Usually if there's a problem they get hold of you fairly quickly.

    Sewing/craft rooms are the most difficult to keep clean and organized! I have a peg board in mine and it does help with organizing a lot of smaller items that I use frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our pheasant comes every day for a quick drink and a snack! They are such lovely birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly hope the doctor's office is in touch soon. I probably would be on the phone if you haven't heard from them by week's end.

    I puttered in my craft room this week and got a few things taken care of, some mending and my sunflower wreath, and a sorting out of items I'll never use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I am hoping that they are not calling or rushing to get to you because nothing is wrong. But I would still be in a tizzy if it was me. Love the visitors in the yards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jackie, I know exactly what you mean about the never ending (seemingly) messy sewing room. My problem is the room is small and oddly shaped and i don't have enough surface area like a big table to lay things on or spread projects out nicely. They tend to pile around the floor which I hate. Oh well. Nice to see that pheasant. None around here but the groundhog showed up two days ago much to Neddy's amusement. Hope you have a great Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doctors don't seem to give any thought to how you feel as you sit and wait and wait for them to get around to doing anything. We have to go under the assumption that no news is good news but it's hard to be waiting to know for sure.
    I know all about messy sewing spaces - mine is mostly always a dump. I do clean it but not until I start not being able to find things.

    ReplyDelete