Thursday, March 3, 2022

Thursday Tidbits

 

I should be greeting people as they arrive for Bible study tonight, but I am not feeling the best. I am tired, headachy, and have a slightly sore throat. It is also blowing and snowing out and just going to get worse as the night progresses. I texted Father and emailed the other lady in charge and told them I just was not feeling well. 

So I will be sticking close to home curled up in my chair, working in the ends of the yarn on the pair of socks I finished today. I may even manage to cast on a scarf to be knit in the evenings. 

Tomorrow I get to pull out my cross stitch project and perhaps cut out the shorts I want to sew as one of the projects for this month.

That reminds me I need to let you know what projects I have planned for this month.



Not going to call these goals anymore, instead I am going to call them dreams.... Cause I am dreaming I can get the projects all done.

1.  Yarn Wreath.

2.  Knit or finish knitting one pair of socks.

3.  Knit three scarves.

4.  Cross stitch angel.

5.  Sew shorts.

6.  Match patterns to the fabric I want to get sewn for the spring and summer.

That is it, not that many at all and a few more days this month to actually work on them.


I was asked what I meant by re-cycled cotton yarn and will try to explain here. I had a cotton knit throw that no longer matched my décor so I took it apart, washed the yarn, straightened it (that was fun, not) and rolled it into balls. This is what I am using for my dish cloths and hopefully a couple of market bags eventually. 

Kris's house was rented out for awhile, and the renters were not the best to keep the house up. Turns out they had 2 cats and a dog or maybe it was 2 dogs and those animals ruined the blinds in some of the rooms. They were also the ones who removed some of the doors of which some seem to be missing. Still he got an excellent deal on the house and lots of the things that need to be done re the house inspection are cosmetic and not too costly. We always give the sons money for their birthday's and Christmas so I have a feeling that Kris will be using his cash on fixing the house. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie .. I think that is a great idea to call them dreams instead of goals. I think I might try doing that too! My Mum used to unravel old jumpers & things & we would have to sit with our arms out while she wound the wool around our hands - gosh I remember that so well. Sometimes she used the back of a chair to wrap it around. Have a lovely weekend Jackie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon! Enjoy your cross stitch tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing a speedy recovery from what ails you.

    Your dream list is far more ambitious than my own. I have finished four pairs of mittens in the last month, but have only finished sewing in the ends of one pair. Lazy, I tell you.

    What many people don't seem to understand is they can purchase a house for less and update/decorate it to their own taste over time and build equity. Kris definitely has the right idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you are not feeling well. I too am nursing another sore throat. I think I need a day or two in the hot sun.

    ReplyDelete