Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Thrifty Tuesday and More

 

Not sure how thrifty this past week was but here we go.

I found fairly inexpensive fabric to repair Kris's quilt.

We had the wind behind us on our trip to the city and our gas mileage was awesome...Not quite as good on the way back.

Kris made us a wonderful supper on his BBQ on Sunday. I brought the cake I made for our dessert and left it with him as thanks for the place to stay and the meal.

Used up leftovers making new and hopefully exciting meals, also made a couple of tinfoil meals to take to Kris. 

Lots of walking done this week as the weather was just lovely.


Now on to the more......


While at Kris's we hung the bedroom door, and put together his coffee and end tables. 

I did some cleaning for him (top of stove, counters and if I could have found something to clean the sinks with would have done that as well, next time). 


I went to my appointment on Monday morning (the reason we were in the city) just to find out there had been an emergency at one of the hospitals and my appointment had been cancelled. I am hopeful that all I need is to have a telephone appointment. However the receptionist couldn't give me a time or day other than sometime after 5:30 pm sometime this week. That is unless he needed to see me and then she would be phoning to set up an appointment. Not a happy camper here.

I also got a text from Kris saying that he had been rear-ended on the way to work. His bumper is a mess, but I asked if he had been injured and he said no. The car is still drivable, and he is taking it in to the Kia dealer on Friday for an estimate on repairs. Hopefully everything works out. 

I am also reworking my menu for this final week of the month. After going to Costco and showing Harvey how much prices have risen, he is even more with me on trying to get more meatless meals in a month. I also have lots of items that need to be used up before too long. So no menu plan for this week other than to say we are having lentil curry on rice today, mushroom soup sometime this week, as well as that homemade pizza I was going to make last week. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. What a shame that you drove so far only to have your appointment canceled! At least you were able to spend some time with Kris. I hope you can get your appointment worked out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard when appointments are cancelled. It's the same here, I have just had a cardio appt cancelled due to lack of staff....in a Private hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how disappointing to get your appointment cancelled at the last minute. The same happened to hubby yesterday. He was supposed to have a 'face to face' appointment at 3.45pm but at 11.30am the receptionist rang to say the 'telephone appointment' would be later than scheduled as the hospital IT system had gone down. He pointed out that he had had a letter to visit the hospital and she said it had been sent in error! At least we hadn't made the 22 mile round trip to get there.

    Poor Kris with the car shunt. I hope all is well now x

    ReplyDelete
  4. While it was a real pain in the butt to have your appointment cancelled, it was good for Kris that you were able to come to the city. I'm sure he appreciated all of the help.

    Hopefully his car repairs can be done quickly, and that you hear from your doc very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How aggravating especially when you are not sure what the news will be. I am so sorry, I would be a wreck I think. Glad son was not hurt.

    ReplyDelete