Thursday, March 10, 2022

Thursday Tidbits

 

Just a very short post today. I didn't get the time to post yesterday for a very different reason.

In the middle of the afternoon, I got a text from the lady who runs the Bible study, asking if I could lead the session tonight. Being as I am the only "leader" that was not doing any sessions, I thought it was best to say yes. So that meant spending the evening frantically preparing. It really isn't up to my usual standards (I like knowing and beginning to prepare weeks before), I have done my best. I have now developed a headache which is because I don't feel well prepared.


Yesterday Kris had the company come in to service the boiler in his home. Turns out the boiler is on it's last legs and will need replacing shortly. Hopefully it lasts the winter. A company rep is coming on Friday after hours to discuss options with him. I think he is going to go with replacement with what is called a combi boiler (combined water heater and boiler heat) and even renting the unit instead of buying it outright. There are advantages to both owning and renting, but cost is a big factor right now.


I have been cross stitching, but man it is slow going. I have a feeling that this project will not be finished this month. I have also added a couple of projects that hopefully will get done as well. 


We have been looking for a new table and chairs, but nothing is calling to us. I think we might try refinishing the old table and just purchasing new chairs that match as closely as possible. Harvey says that could be his spring/summer project this year. 


The days are getting longer and I am loving it. While I couldn't go for my walk today (windy and cold) I am enjoying the sun shining in our big picture window.


That is all the news from around here. Off to try and visit a few of you before my early supper and the Bible study.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

9 comments:

  1. I'm sure you will do just fine. I agree, though, I would like more time, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get all stressed out if I have to do something on short notice like that. I am like you in that I like to have time to be prepared for what I do. I can see where that stress would give you a headache. I wish Kris good luck in getting the boiler taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for preparing something for your church at such short notice. I imagine it can be stressful not to have sufficient warning. I'm sure it will be well received.

    I have had a cold this last week, the first for at least 2 years and it has been horrible. I'm now recovered, but needed to take a day off work. The upside was that I got to do more work on my new patchwork project which is coming along nicely. It will take a long time to complete though, but I quite like to have something on the go like that, that I can keep returning to when I have the time.
    I hope Kris manages to sort out his boiler problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure your leadership session will go well despite all the frantic prep beforehand. They are lucky that you were willing to step in.
    Sorry to hear that Kris is having boiler issues - home ownership, although nice, is often a money grab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm certain your bible study will go well, and hopefully your headache has resolved itself.

    Did Kris have an inspection prior to purchase? If he did, it seems the inspector missed something very important with the boiler. I wonder if the company has a rent to own option. Another idea is to check with Sask Power as they did, at one time, offer low interest loans to homeowners replacing old furnaces. Not sure about boilers, but that's something I used when we moved to this house.

    The idea of refinishing the table sounds like a good one, especially since you like the table. Adding new chairs will make it seem like a brand new set.

    Hopefully the forecast is correct and after today we're into some nice weather in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure the Bible study turned out well but it is stressful to have things dropped on you at the last minute.
    We have a combi boiler here as well as at the last 2 homes and they work extremely well. I've never heard of renting one here in the UK and they cost around £3000. I hope Kris can get sorted with his.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve been enjoying the sunshine here too, Jackie. I hope your boiler lasts the winter too for those colder days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is stressful especially if you are not a johnnie on the spot person. Take some ALeve you will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those stress headaches are no joke. My head and my stomach get hit first with stress, so I completely understand. I hope your study went well. :)

    ReplyDelete