Sunday, March 6, 2022

Sunday Ramblings

 

The sun came out today and so I actually got to work on my cross stitch for about 2 hours. Not many stitches completed though as I had to spend some time looking for one of the colours. Turns out I was frantically searching for the wrong one. I am hoping for sun tomorrow in order to do more work on it. 


I think I have found another way of helping Kurt's friend. If she takes commissions I am going to get her to do a drawing of our beloved Shania. It may not give them enough to pay the missing mortgage payments (they are losing their home) but perhaps added to other donations or help could perhaps free up extra funds to make a payment or two. I am madly trying to think up other ways that we can help as well. My mind is spinning with ideas and I hope Kurt has come up with a few as well. If any of my readers have some ideas they would be greatly appreciated.


Since the sun was shining and the light had changed so I couldn't work on my cross stitch I went for a walk. So nice to be outside in the fresh air. It has been much too long. Still I had to be careful walking as there is fresh snow sitting on top of ice, so my pace was none to fast. 

Tomorrow I just may go out and shovel off the back deck so Harvey can blow the snow away to keep the melt away from the foundation. Don't want to have flooding in the basement again. Mind you that happened after we got about 6" of rain in about an hour, don't have near enough snow for that to happen. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. I hope your basement stays dry. We've had ours flood a couple of times an it sure is a headache! I'll be thinking good thoughts for Kurt and his friend. That seems to happen to many people these days and it must be so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've certainly had far more snow than necessary...at least in my mind. I'm sure the farmers will be happy.

    No great ideas for Kurt and his friend. I hope they are able to make their way through these issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about Kurt's troubles but have no suggestions, sorry.
    Glad you enjoyed a day of warmth as well. Every bit helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don’t have basements here in California. Maybe it’s due to earthquakes. I think I’d like to have one though. I remember my grandma had one in Tennessee and she had food in it. It was called a cellar. Is that the same as a basement? Hmmm I’m going to have to look that up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing is worse than a basement that floods continually. I am so glad to be rid of that problem. I am sorry for those people who are having difficulties.

    ReplyDelete