Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Thrifty Tuesday

The day started out pretty gloomy, but the sun is shining now. I need to take a walk to pick up the mail in a very short time.

Now my friend learned that I use the plastic grocery bags to clean the kitty litter with and so has handed be quite a few over the last couple of days (this is the family that seems to go grocery shopping four days in a row). This means I can actually use my grocery bags (a couple at any rate) when I go shopping and still have enough for Shania's needs.

Another friend gave me some lily bulbs that she had thinned out from her garden. Saves me buying even more.

My menu has changed already. I am really tired of cooking so Harvey is going to BBQ some sausage he found in the freezer (yeah, I get a rest and the stove stays off). I may just wrap asparagus in foil with some butter to serve as a side. We really have been eating way too much lately.

I just may get out of grocery shopping this week. We have tons of food in the fridge, freezer and cupboard. I over bought milk so we are good that way as well. The only thing we are a bit short on is sandwich meats, and if I make egg salad, and chop up some leftover turkey to make a sandwich spread we will be just fine. Would be really nice to save one weeks grocery costs.

Collected all the coin from various places (mostly that which I removed from Harvey's pockets before washing clothes). I ended up putting $4. 85 in the coin jars. I should have kept looking as I know there is more kicking around the house. Perhaps on Friday I will have another total for you.

I am working on knitting up all those small balls of yarn. I am making 4" squares and hopefully once I am finished all the finer yarn, I will have enough squares to make a blanket. It could take awhile though.

Using scrap fabric (felt) I have made the labels for the prayer shawls. Only need clip threads, pull off the stabilizer, and cut them apart.

This afternoon I took fabric from my stash and cut out a dress pattern. I don't often make dresses, and this is a pattern that is a new one to me. Hope it turns out. There is enough fabric leftover to make a pair of shorts as well (this is a heavier cotton). I am no longer wasting anything if I can help it.

Pre-treated another piece of fabric and I may make another dress from this as well.

Off to get the mail and have my second walk of the day (all be it a short one).

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment