Monday, April 1, 2019

Menu Monday

So here we are at the beginning of a brand new month, full of new opportunities. I am hoping that this month is just as wonderful as the last.

I did my monthly menu up the middle of last week. I hope to stick to it as much as possible. Things do come up which cause me to change things around (such as too many leftovers in the fridge), but I am hoping to continue using things up in both my freezers this month.

Monday

Hamburgers with lots of toppings, baked beans.

Tuesday

The leftover beef roast made into a casserole or perhaps a pasta dish that uses up some of my cherry tomatoes in the fridge.

Wednesday

Porkchops, the leftover potatoes fried up with some onion, corn and a salad.

Thursday

The leftover beef concoction (since I can't decide what I am making) along with the leftover salad. If there is no leftovers (doubtful) I will make some kind of soup to use up some of the turkey stock in the freezer.

Friday

Lazy Perogie casserole and a salad (probably kale).

Saturday

Hotdogs, pasta, and leftover salad.

Sunday 

Pork roast, and a tray of roasted veggies.

Now some updates on my various monthly projects and my new challenge for this month.



So far this year I have removed 141 more items from the house. Not bad, but I am sure I can do much better.


My challenge this month is to use up the scrap fabric I have collected over the years into useable quilts or perhaps even bags. I also want to try and use my  stash up more. All this will lead to me being able to rid the sewing/craft room of some boxes and storage drawers in preparation of moving this computer desk set up into the room.

Tomorrow I will update you on how the chest freezer challenge went. Before and after pictures will be posted.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Can you baby boomers hurry up and fucking drop dead? Enjoy your retirement homes cause we younger people will not take care of you even if we wanted to, due to the shitty economy you boomers created. Do you boomers realize that the younger generation is simply waiting for you to fucking drop dead?

    You are all going to end up in retirement homes and we all know that the elderly gets treated pretty badly in retirement homes. Well, that's what you get for ruining your own children's lives. Even if your children WANTED to take care of you, they couldn't, due to you boomers destroying the economy. So I hope you enjoy the retirement homes, boomer scum!

    Enjoy going to hell, baby boomers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an sad outlook you have! I hope you, (Anonymous) are able to somehow find happiness in this wonderful world we live in. I truly believe everyone of us is doing the very best we can every day. Jackie and her blog inspire me to be more kind, more environmentally aware, and more frugal in everyday life. Hopefully you can see these things here too. I hope you have a good day.

    Thank you Jackie for all your writing and wisdom.

    ReplyDelete