Friday, August 30, 2019

Frugal Friday

The end of another week here at the old homestead.

1.  The last few days here have been nice and cool so windows have been opened to keep the house cool instead of having the air conditioners running.

2.  At one point I had thought about donating all the sugar bags I inherited from Mom, but for some reason kept them all. Now I am glad because for a few pennies worth of thread, the use of an iron for the transfers (also inherited from Mom), and some embroidery thread, I will have some new tea towels and be able to recycle the old ones into rags for cleaning.

3.  Saved $9.46 on the grocery bill this week (not a lot, but enough to make it worthwhile).

4.  Reading books from the library for entertainment. Also watching free shows with the help of my box.

5.  Got a free box of Kraft Dinner, which since I don't use it will be given to Kris when he comes home this weekend.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Every little bit counts! I haven't yet gone to the library for books, but do know I can borrow e-books as well.

    Have a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete