Thursday, August 29, 2019

Thursday Tidbits

This week has been much the same as previous weeks this month. I have watered plants, harvested beans, cucumbers, peppers, herbs and tomatoes from the garden. Processed beans, cucumbers and herbs, not enough of the other veggies to do other than eat them for various meals and in various ways.

Fall is coming, and with it cooler weather and trees rapidly changing colour. It seems as if an early fall is on its way. According to the Old Farmers Almanac this will move into a very cold and snowy winter. Time to make sure we are ready for that.

Painting is being accomplished, I have shopped around for a new living room suite (found one today) and tomorrow (after painting and household tasks) we will look for new carpet for the living room as well. This will more than likely be the last new set of furniture and flooring for the living room in our life time (we are getting up in age). Harvey does say that this will be the last time he paints, so I am going to make sure everything is freshly painted.

Next week I am going to start emptying baskets and pots. May as well clean things up before the snow falls. Been there, done that.

The next few weeks I will be finishing my winter stock up. I need some serger thread, flannelette, and of course reading material (though if worst comes to worst I can always reread books downstairs which might not be a bad idea).

Today I went shopping and for the first time ever I noticed lots of empty shelves in the store. I do hope this is not a harbinger of things to come this winter. Noticed also that the sales are not as good as they used to be either. It just might be time to go over the budget and figure out what we can delete or make a change to.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with your decorating achievements. We started to decorate the dining area weeks ago and it has just ground to a halt. I must push myself to look for a new carpet this weekend.

    The weather is just giving hints that the year is getting on, nights are starting to draw in. The switch on of the local lights festival (I don't know if it is a festival, it's just known as the illuminations) is tonight and that really marks the end of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, your living room makeover sounds great. I look forward to seeing pictures once it is all finished. Our house needs redecorating throughout. We refreshed the kitchen last year, but haven't started on the rest yet.

    ReplyDelete