Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Thrifty Tuesday

While this past week (from Wednesday to today) has not been the thriftiest of my life there has been a few thrifty things happening here at the old homestead.

Harvey removed the old air conditioner from the wall in the hall and was able to fix the hole left behind with items we already had. Good thing we saved (should say he saved) the leftover siding. It sure has come in useful for things like this and the door replacement.

I sewed two buttons on Harvey's work shorts and did a bit of darning on a pair of socks.

Visited the library and picked up some reading material for free. 

We used a coupon when shopping at Costco on Saturday.

I never can seem to get the cucumbers picked when they are the right size for making dill pickles so some of the larger ones were sliced and made into what I am calling dill pickle chips. I have only made 4 pints of these, but they are perfect for hamburgers and if we like them this year, next year I will make more.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. we didn't plant a garden this year and i really missed it.

    ReplyDelete