Friday, February 10, 2023

Frugal Friday

 


Another sunny day here. The old homestead is slowly but surely losing snow. I can almost see all the gravel on our driveway. It isn't so much the temperature as it is the sunshine. 


So what frugal things have I been up to this week.


1.  Gathered supplies already on hand to at least start the embroidery project. I will have to purchase more, but am planning on using up as much as possible before doing so. Mind you a few colours (like the green floss shades will need to be purchased when we go to the city).

2.  Using up lots from the fridge freezer and things that are getting close to their use by date.

3.  Filling the dishwasher as full as possible.

4.  Cut more rags from old pj's of Hubby's. I may be needing to make him some more very soon. 

5.  Finding free reading material and patterns online.

6.  I think I might have fixed the printer (wasn't doing a great job of printing). At least I hope.

7.  Baked my bread once again using the machine and not the oven.

8.  Mostly used the top of the stove and microwave to cook this week, and today will be no different. I will use the air fryer, and the top of the stove to make our meal. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


9 comments:

  1. I'd love to know the amount of savings month to month. We've lowered our thermostat and have been really keeping an eye on it. I also downloaded IBOTTA . I haven't started loading up my receipts yet - My son likes it and has been using it for quite some time. I don't know if it will make a difference or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Ibotta. The savings add up very fast. You should try Fetch as well.

      Delete
  2. The rags reminds me of my childhood. We used old clothing pieces as rags too and to polish our shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been looking at government suggestions to lower your fuel bills, and it turns out we have been doing them for years. I am having a year of using what I already have, I say a year, could be a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utility bills are certainly a concern at this time of year. I have gone equalized on my power bill, and since they only read the meter twice a year, I've no idea if my efforts to save electricity have seen any results. The power meter is on the side of the house at least a foot or more higher than my head. I'd have to take a step ladder out there to read it, so leave it to SaskPower.
    I'm really enjoying the warm'ish weather. I've been able to open the sun room and I find the furnace isn't cutting in as often with the warmth circulating from there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One thing Resident Chef and I have been doing is to change into loungewear when we're at home. It's easier on our 'good' clothes and they last a whole lot longer because they don't have to be washed nearly as often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Secondhand stores are a great place to get embroider thread.

    ReplyDelete