Saturday, February 25, 2023

Saturday Roundup

 


As it has been so cold out I stayed home and did small jobs around the house. I actually finished my monthly cleaning tasks early for a change. 

I worked on large and small projects, and finished a few which I will post pictures of tomorrow. Started some medium sized projects, which because of not looking at measurements properly am still working on. Hopefully one will be finished tomorrow, and after picking up some more fabric when I go shopping I should be able to finish the second one very soon. 

I put away the cut out dress patterns as those are more suitable for winter (and hopefully that is almost over) and pulled fabric for some spring and summer wear. I don't need much, a couple of tops, some shorts (2 or 3 pairs), and some capris (another 2 or 3 pairs). I also pulled the fabric to make Harvey his spring/summer light weight robe. I plan on cutting out a few of these tomorrow. 

I spent an hour today talking to my youngest brother on the phone. Since he is schizophrenic that can sometimes be a chore. I usually have to decipher what he is trying to tell me and listen to the same thing over and over again. At least this time I didn't have a bad headache when we were done. I love him, but he is tiring. 

I have planned next months menus and there are plenty of times I can use an appliance to cook rather than my oven. Most meals are using the top of the stove, the microwave, toaster oven, electric roaster, or air fryer. I need to get the Instant Pot into the rotation as well. I am pretty sure those will help with a reduction on our electric bill. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. It just amazes me how much sewing you do. Between you and Maebeme, I should just hide my head! :) The clothes you make are incredible. Good job! I can't even think about your menu planning, my day to day meals are enough for this brain to handle. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's surprising how many alternative ways of cooking there are, isn't it? Being forced to keep our energy usage lower should be really good for the environment too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with sewing for your summer wardrobe. I look forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, you do lots of sewing. I've been buying clothing from the thrift stores for the past couple of years and I'm not sure I could sew most items for the price I pay. Especially for the notions, zippers, snaps, and buttons. I do look forward to seeing the finishes products.
    The air fryer has quickly become a favorite appliance of mine. It's so easy to use and cleans up easily too. I need to broaden my repertoire though, as I use it mostly for meats and frys.
    I'll just say I understand the feeling of tiredness that happens when one talks to someone with mental health issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think using small appliances rather than your oven will save money on your electric bill too. I love that you sew your own clothes. Not man6 people can say that these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using small appliances works well to save the wear and tear on the stove. Ours is getting upwards of 13 years old so we know that most likely its days are numbered.
    btw - there's been a huge recall on air fryers sold in Canada so you might want to check that out to be sure yours isn't one of them.

    ReplyDelete