Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Changeable

Changeable is the right description of our weather right now. We went from lovely sunny, warm days to sunny cooler days with very cold nights, and now we are back to windy, cold, dreary days. I should have known better than to move my winter wardrobe into storage!!!

These last few years it seems as if spring never arrives, we move into a short cool summer and winter hits us once again.

 Today has been relatively quiet. I have spent time in the sewing room, and even managed to get a bit of sewing accomplished. I just have about 30 minutes left of sewing on the second pair of palazzo pants. Guess this means I need to start on that coat/jacket I have been procrastinating over.

With the weather being so unpredictable instead of being out in the evenings working on flower beds, weeding, and getting my baskets and pots done, I have pulled out the yarn once again.

I needed some new dishcloths.

I made these using up the white/black flecked cotton yarn I had bought to make Kurt his rug at Christmas.

A bright pink ruffle scarf. Not too sure what I will do with this, add to my collection of scarves or try to sell it.

I had this ball of rather different yarn and so today I thought I would use it to make another scarf. Kind of "funky" as Harvey says.

As long as the weather stays miserable I guess I will be spending my evenings knitting and my days sewing.

Both are thrifty ways to save money and keep occupied!!!

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Jackie! Wish I could learn to knit. I just seem to have two left hands when holding two needles! Strange since I played the organ for YEARS and did transcription for YEARS...both of which require independent use of the hands. But, I've never been normal, LOL. Take care and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully intend to knit some dishcloths at some point, but at the moment I've got far too many cut from old clothes. When I've run out I'd like to knit some though. I like your speckled ones.

    ReplyDelete