Friday, May 29, 2015

Frugal Friday

It has been a fairly frugal week around the old homestead. Since all garden spending was done previously we had a few no spend days this past week. Love those no spend days.

Decluttering has started up again. This time with my spring and summer wardrobe. I managed to fill two bags to take to the upscale second hand store this week.

Hopefully I will have two more bags to take very soon. Slowly but surely I am getting close to that elusive 1000 items. At the end of this month I will have an update as to how close I am getting. I could have listed these items of clothing on our city garage sale site and made a bit of money, but the second hand store I took them to uses the proceeds from sales to support various women's charities in our city. I feel it is important to support what they are doing and this is one way to do so.

Grocery shopping was kept to a minimum this week. I am trying to eat down the pantry and the freezer.

Monday was a beautiful day and I managed to get all but one load out on the clothes lines to dry this week.

I am happy that we managed to use up all the leftovers for meals this week. Sometimes we fail on this and end up wasting food.

I have baked two loaves of bread this week. Strange, as we seem to be using less and less bread every week.

The air conditioners have only been on once this week. I have been opening the windows in the evenings and the house is nice and cool come morning. It stays that way for most of the day.

I have also been using up yarn from my stash, got to love a good stash!!

Kris is home this weekend to help his Dad remove a fence and go fishing. Male bonding time and time alone for me. Something I need every once in awhile.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



2 comments:

  1. You're doing well on the decluttering front Jackie. I too have had a pretty good month this month. More in a post coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie -
    You are doing SO well with your decluttering. I have fallen off a bit. I need to get back to it with a vengeance!!!

    ReplyDelete