Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Recipe Wednesday

Today I think I will share with you a recipe my mother-in-law made every spring.

Rhubarb is a spring fruit staple in Saskatchewan, heck the whole prairie region of Canada!

I try and make this rhubarb cake two or three times a season. It is always a big hit as you can tell.

Rhubarb Cake

1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup shortening (or margarine)
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups chopped or thinly sliced rhubarb
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda in 1 cup sour milk

Mix and put in a prepared 9 x 11 pan.

1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp softened margarine

Mix and sprinkle over the top.

Bake 35 min at 350 F.

Cool and enjoy.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. I love this recipe Jackie. I might try it with the rhubarb I grow at the allotment. I never know what to make with it.

    ReplyDelete