Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunday Ramblings

 Today we celebrated Confirmation. While at times I may stumble in my faith, seeing the bright, shiny faces of the Grade Two's as they proclaimed their faith and wish to become fully members of the church always makes me want to do better and gives me impetus in my own faith journey.

Father Brian spoke about us being branches and Christ being the vine. How everything we do leads back to Christ. Christ holds us together just as the vine holds the branches.

I distributed the hosts today and everyone was so very happy to be there celebrating this next step in a "lifelong adventure of faith". The smiles made me realize that not everyone is jockeying for political place, rather that the majority of parishioners just want to practice what they believe. Christ has died, Christ is Risen, Christ will come again.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment