Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunday Ramblings

Pentecost, the tongues of fire, hearing foreign languages and understanding what is said. I know many people believe in speaking in tongues, I am not sure, as according to the Acts of the Apostles everyone understood what was being said. Those that I have spoken to about "speaking in tongues", said there needed to be someone to translate what was being said. Not at all what the Word says.

Father Brian spent most of his homily speaking about the Holy Spirit. He said we are gifted with the Holy Spirit at our baptism, and it is up to each one of us how we use this gift. We can squander it and do nothing or reach out to others and share whatever gifts the Spirit has given us.

I want to reach out to others and share what gifts I have been given. Sometimes, though, I just do not know how to do this. Faith is nothing unless you can walk the walk, and talk the talk.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment