Sunday, February 3, 2019

Sunday Ramblings

We ventured out in the snow today and headed off to church. There really were not many there, I think the heavy snow kind of scared a few people off. We made it there and back no problem, but I think if we tried to venture far this evening we might be in for a surprise.

I spent this snowy day baking bread (forgot to get a picture).

I did pull the ham bones out of the fridge freezer and made some lovely ham stock to use the next time I make split pea soup.


I cleaned out the small hall pantry and now all my dills reside upstairs. Hopefully that will make remember to use them.

I cut out the pattern for my soup bowl cozies, and have them ready for a sewing marathon early in the week. Pictures once they are finished along with the top that has been cut out for awhile.

Did some hand quilting, and knitting. 

Didn't make the roast today, instead we ate some leftovers and cleaned out the fridge.

Thought I would share a couple of pictures of the snow fall today. These were taken at about 4 pm and the snow is still falling!


Could be a snow day for us, just thankful that neither Harvey or I work any longer. I would have to navigate the drifts on the roads to get to the school (schools never close here), and Harvey would be out on the highways trying to reach the oilfields. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. That looks very cold! We had a little snow here on Saturday and the congregation at church was very small yesterday. Our buildings are so cold that I was glad to be able to be fairly quick about it!

    ReplyDelete