Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Completing Projects

 Finally getting around to a few projects that were languishing in the sewing/craft room. If I want to concentrate on masks, I needed to get a few things done.


First was a tidy and reorganization of the room. Still working on that, but things are at least navigable for the moment. 


Next was gathering the denim squares that I had pinned together and getting them sewn together. I have managed to get to this point over the last couple of days.



I wasn't as careful as I usually am at matching corners. This will just be used outside around the firepit on those cooler nights (those are coming fast). Tomorrow will be the sandwiching and some easy quilting. I hope to be able to do the binding as well. 


The blanket was done between heading out to the garden to pick tomatoes.


Freezing tomatoes, even if it is just a couple of bags (keeping up with them for a change).


A few more bags and I will be done. Then it will be moving on to either soup or spaghetti sauce.....


Between sewing and freezing I have been working on the front of Harvey's Christmas sweater, and doing even more straightening of the sewing/craft room. 


Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny (today was cloudy and we even got a bit of rain) and so along with errand running I will be putting some herbs into the dehydrator. Supposedly the temperature is going to fall to just above freezing by Monday and so the more that I can get out of the garden the better I will feel. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.


God bless



7 comments:

  1. What a great blanket for around the firepit, such a good use of denim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was chopping up and bagging some tomatoes to freeze yesterday too. Your denim quilt is looking great, it will be perfect for outdoor use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy gal you are! nice to have a little sewing room where things don't have to be put away after each time. :) Things I gave up with our house but so far no regrets. (this winter being a big ??) Tomatoes are looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy, temperatures are dropping here too but like you still managing to get outside and enjoy the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is going to be great for outside evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jean quilt is beautiful! My mom was a quilter but I've always been intimidated because my ability to sew straight is pretty awful.

    I saw that frost might be in our forecast for Monday or Tuesday and since I'll be away this weekend I'm going to start yanking things today.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like your days are humming right along, Jackie. I always feel like doing more when the sun is shining, even if I'm not outside. And I'm just like you... I can't do much crafting if the room is a mess. But by the time I clean it I'm usually too tired to craft. Bah-humbug! Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete