Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Thrifty Tuesday

 

I have been busy using up cleaners today. I washed all the wood floors with a wood floor cleaner I have had around for awhile. This could be one cleaner that I actually keep rather than make my own for this purpose. It left a lovely shine and a clean smell.


Last week I found some black cotton at the back of one of my fabric drawers. Yesterday I pulled it out, washed it with my laundry yesterday, dried it and today I ironed it. That piece of fabric with some strategic placement made another 10 masks. 


No sewing this week so far, but I have been doing lots of cleaning. I guess I have started nesting, however I think much has to do with the fact I will probably out of commission cleaning wise for about 6 weeks. 


I made the condensed tomato soup and it is residing in the freezer. The one totally ripe squash has been frozen in cubes as well.


Harvey found a handle for my sewing/craft room closet door. I hope to have that fixed tomorrow.


I did some hemming on a couple of skirts, and decluttered a few clothing items that no longer fit.


Socks that were no longer able to be darned have been cut into rings and placed in a bag for next years garden ties.


Scrap material has been cut into 4" squares and tonight I will be cutting the scrap knit fabric into strips for the rug I want to work on this winter.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.


God bless.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you got lots of the smaller tasks don3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about using old socks as garden ties, such a simple but great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mask making is something I really need to get on with, we have couple each but I think we could do with a few more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to see you are still posting. I miss all my blogging buddies. I try to find them online and most are not posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your frugal ways. I am straggling with too much on my mind and guilt about not getting things done in the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been very productive and thrifty. Well done.

    ReplyDelete