Thursday, September 3, 2020

Thursday Tidbits

 

Cooler mornings, cooler nights and with the sun going down earlier I can tell fall has pretty much gotten here. It seems as if every year fall creeps in sooner and sooner. 


We may have our first frost on Monday night. The temperature is supposed to drop to -1 or -2 C. This means covering plants. I must check and make sure there are enough sheets around to cover everything. 


I finished the outside blanket today and when I showed Harvey he said "Great a new blanket for me." Guess I get the smaller one back. Truthfully he is larger than me and needs the extra length. 


Tomorrow I will rethread the sewing machine and start sewing those masks. Between times I will do some baking as Kris will be home at some point Friday evening. I will be trying to get at least 7 masks done each day (hopefully a few more on some days). First thing tomorrow morning after my walk I will be trimming the inch or so off the inside liners of the first 7 and getting a loaf of bread started.


I sometimes wonder if I keep myself busy in order to keep sane. These crazy times we are living in are really not conducive to getting out and visiting with people. I always wonder where that person has been, or who has been visiting them. Our bubble is still quite small here. Yes I do venture out into the stores, but I am in and out as quickly as possible not really visiting with those staff members I know and know well. I wonder if the people I have allowed into my bubble actually practice social distancing, if they wear masks when shopping, or are still washing their hands as they were in the beginning of the pandemic. 


I have become a rabid temperature taker, more especially since I have developed a slight cough (going in and out of air conditioning always gives me a bit of a cold). No temperature here which is a relief. 


I find myself making more lists, working at getting a really good store of groceries in as well as craft items. Now that I have my new ereader I am not so concerned about the library being open as eventually I will figure out how to use it to download library books, and there are lots of free books available online. Perhaps not the most interesting, but when one is desperate for reading material they will do. 


Harvey and I have talked it over and for the winter we plan on getting two theme packs added to our basic cable. I do have my android box, Netflix and Prime but I am missing some of my favourite shows. It will put our bill up a bit, but it is our main source of entertainment right now. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.


God bless.










6 comments:

  1. Yes, tv is a staple during these hard times. We are still very much taking care due to the virus... and I don't see us not being careful anytime soon. Our circle was small before... now it's so tiny the circle is almost gone. :-( Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, hard to imagine frost when it will be 100 here on Sunday. The concern about whether or not other people are “safe” in their precautions is so valid and keeps us in a small bubble and few trips to stores to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My life is similar to yours, I have a very small bubble and I sometimes worry how many others are let in as a result. Thankfully we've no active cases here in the city or in my daughter's area either so it reduces my concern somewhat. I suspect that won't last.

    Enjoy your visit with your son. Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not looking forward to the cold dark months but its inevitable. Lists are always good to keep you focused.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I'm sure not looking forward to frost overnight but you remind me to dig out my old sheets too. Thanks. It's just tomatoes and peppers for me now but I'd cry if I lost them!
    The blanket sounds nice, funny how 'someone' has claimed it! :)
    Sometimes we don't mind paying extra for added luxuries and we would sure miss our tv programs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are the same, keeping ourselves amused and busy although thankfully there has not been much covid here on the Island, long may that last.

    ReplyDelete