Saturday, September 26, 2020

Saturday Roundup

 

It has been a very busy week. I have been waiting for the phone call scheduling my surgery, but nothing so far. Hopefully I will hear something next week. Since I was sticking close to home I decided to go full throttle on cleaning and getting ready for the winter.


I washed all the light fixtures throughout the house, now they are sparkling. Next the curtains came down and were put in the washer, hung on the line and are now waiting for a good press before I put them back up. Actually only two are left as I bought new thermal drapery for our bedroom and the dining room. The old dining room curtains are now hung up in the bedroom that Kris uses when he comes home. They are thermal as well. 


I will iron the remaining curtains that I will be putting back up and shortening one set as well. I hope that next month I can replace those as well. Just takes a bit of time to find what I like in a colour that I like.


Harvey replaced the one fixture in my sewing/craft room and it really does give me more light in there. He will do the one in the room Kris uses tomorrow. There was wine to rack and a veggie garden to till so something had to give.


I finished the basic sewing on the masks for Kurt and got all the elastic through the casing. Today I started sewing the elastics.


This is a box of completed masks (need some ironing).


These are the ones I will finish tomorrow.


And these black pieces on top I hope to get done the basic sewing tomorrow as well.

There have been a couple of extra meals frozen for sometime I hope not in the too distant future.

Next week will be a busy one again. Harvey wants me to sew cozies for his wine bottles (that could be fun). I want to move my fall and winter wardrobe out as our temperatures are steadily dropping. 

A bit more cleaning needs doing, and of course I need to bake pies for when Kurt and Kris are home for Thanksgiving.

On Tuesday the WIFI extender should arrive and I want to have that bedroom moved around to allow better access to the plug in. Which means another tidy of the closet pantry.

Keeping busy helps me to almost forget the crazies that wander around town yelling and calling those of us who wear masks names. It is getting better, but not much.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, some people need to get a life. Your wearing a mask only helps to protect them.

    You've got a lot accomplished this week! I'm very impressed. Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the "crazies" can keep being crazies if they want to. I wonder how much yelling they will do when they're on a ventilator, with the virus?!!! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you be able to share you mask pattern with me, Jackie?
    Thanks in advance.
    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are on fire, you have done so much putting me to shame. You are becoming an expert on the mask making you have done so many.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your masks look great, Jackie, and I agree that everyone should be wearing one. What is wrong with these people who won't do it? This virus has brought out the very worst in some people.
    You have worked so hard getting things prepared for the Autumn, well done. Stay safe x

    ReplyDelete