Thursday, September 17, 2020

Thursday Tidbits

 

A quiet day here on the old homestead. This is probably the first day I haven't had garden harvest to process and it was very strange. Not a bad strange, just different. I know that it won't last for long as I will probably be making the tomato soup in a couple of days. The tomatoes are ripening on the window sills nicely.


I did go shopping today and picked up sugar which has not been in the grocery store for awhile. The same for bread machine yeast. Neither was on my list, but I grabbed them anyways cause I will need them sooner rather than later.


It is also the first day in the last 5 that I did not sew masks. By the time I got home from shopping and put everything away the morning was gone. I sat and knit in the afternoon instead. I am probably 1/3 of the way through the first sleeve on Harvey's sweater which makes me very happy. I may actually get it completed before the end of the month.


Another small task I completed was to move a few things around in the sewing/craft room. There is still a bit of work to do in there especially as I purchased the necessary supplies for a few Christmas projects. As if I don't have enough to do already! I had better stop watching YouTube or my crafting will take over the house more than it does already.


My province has made the divisions smaller for tracking Covid-19 and I found out there are 2 cases in the area that my city is in. They won't say exactly where, but I am worried that with all the anti maskers and school reopenings it is just going to get worse. We went for 4 months with zero infections and now this area is up to 4 cases. I will be really careful when going out and about. Masks will be worn whenever I am heading into a store even if they don't mandate it. 


Now I am even more inclined to stock up so I don't go out as often. I would really like to get it down to twice a month instead of once a week. Just have to figure out how to store the necessary produce and milk. Turns out neither Harvey or I like thawed milk. Does anyone else find it very sweet?


Off to see what all of you have been up to today.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 


God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Can you buy milk in shelf stable cartons like almond milk is sold in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never frozen milk so I can't say. I think there is still that awful dehydrated milk that you mix with water. I hated it as a kid, can't imagine it is any better now.

    I hear you regarding the crafting taking over the house. I bought more yarn yesterday from a thrift store. It's Christmas yarn, so I'm sure I'll use it up quickly - at least once I get time to make Christmas crafts. I've been watching videos on FB and I suspect they are as bad as You-Tube for giving us ideas. :)

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I buy the shelf stable milk from Amazon here in the US. The brand is Natrel. Tastes fine to me. More expensive than fresh, but keeps longer. My packages were good for at least six months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made a start on my craft gifts for Christmas too. Here in the UK we can buy UHT milk, ultra heat treated which lasts for months. Not sure if it is available where you are.

    ReplyDelete