Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Thrifty Tuesday


 It has been a busy week on the old homestead. Flowers were covered last night, but still a few managed to escape their coverings and were killed by the frost. Still I did manage to save a few. Covered then again tonight.

Thrifty moves this week were:

Did a bunch of baking so we are well covered with sweets for the week.

Baked bread for Kris to take home.

Continued dehydrating  herbs and even managed to give Kris a few jars.

Hemmed a pair of pants that I missed the last time I had a marathon hemming party.

Picked all that was ready in the garden. I have more butternut squash than I thought I would have.

Turned off the air conditioner, and kept windows open when the house got too warm.

Enjoyed the firepit for entertainment.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.





3 comments:

  1. I'm debating whether to start my green tomato relish before we have frost but it shouldn't be for a little while. Ha ha, says the naysayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love butternut squash. How do yo like to fix it? My favorite is roasted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely week. I got lucky with the frost as I didn't even lose my impatience. They're in a pot right outside the front door against the house so I'm guessing it kept them safe.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete