Thursday, September 10, 2020

Thursday Tidbits

 

Sitting on the railing of our deck are 15 Butternut squash in various stages of ripening. I was asked what I do with them, since this is the first year we have ever grown Gthem and all I have ever made has been soup, any and all ideas will greatly appreciated.


Green cayenne peppers are located all over two window sills, a box of green tomatoes, and a box of partial ripened ones are in the hall along with a 5 gallon pail of spanish onions, and a 5 gallon pail of white potatoes that didn't really grow very well. 


My counter top contains fully ripe tomatoes, bowls full. I do try and keep up with the freezing, but now Harvey wants to make ketchup, which means tomatoes must be saved until he has enough ripe ones to start. It is also covered in bell peppers which I am going to slice and freeze tomorrow.


I shredded a bunch of paperwork today, did my online bill paying, got some groceries (a few stock up items included). 


Did a bit of easy cleaning...not the cupboards as of yet, I am working up to them. I think I will do the simple, quick chores first and see how I feel about the others later. I am remembering to take lots of rests, watch some television, do some knitting and make some lists of what I would like to accomplish project wise. Once this sweater is done I am going to do the same thing with the projects. Start with the simple, quick ones and work up to those that can be much more time consuming.


I still feel out of sorts, but hopefully each day will get a bit better. I don't like not being happy and full of energy. It isn't me and when I get like this I am not the person I want to be.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.


God bless.


2 comments:

  1. My goodness your garden sure provided a lot. I'm be overwhelmed just looking at all that produce. But it will be great in the winter to be able to pull it out of the freezer.

    Some days are definitely more difficult than others. Sending you a virtual hug. Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too. Hope you start feeling well soon.

    ReplyDelete