Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Last Midweek of the Month


 


As many other bloggers have mentioned this month has gone by very quickly. 

Tomorrow I do up my monthly budget spend and keeping my fingers crossed that I managed to same some cash or at least come in under in some of the budget lines.

Over the last week I pulled some books from my frugal library to read over this month. Especially as I am contemplating purchasing a loom.



These are the two books I am going to peruse first. I want to go through the first steps to becoming self-sufficient and making my life a bit simpler. Both are really interesting, but in the first one I am just going to work on household things crafts and such. Man I read a bit about warping a loom and am really scared now. Warping a loom is slightly confusing.

I woke up feeling a bit under the weather (okay pretty sick feeling today) so I crawled back into bed and slept for a bit longer. I now feel not too bad. 

Once up I managed to get most of the household tasks completed and even baked a pumpkin cake.

Harvey wanted a brown sugar glaze, so that is what I made once supper was cleared up.
 




In my quest to use appliances to cook a bit more today I used the two air fryers I own to make supper. When I went to the second hand stores I saw many of the Actifryers sitting there waiting for someone to purchase them. So I decided I may as well keep mine until it totally breaks down. Why put something in a donation bin when there are 14 waiting to be purchased.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 
God bless.


5 comments:

  1. Weaving cloth sounds both complicated and fantastic. I'm really looking forward to this ongoing story. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not certain how you could be more frugal as you do so many things to ensure that you are saving money and being enviromentally concious.
    I suspect that it's likely easier (though still a task for certain) with the loom in front of you, than just reading about it. At least I find it easier to learn by doing. Have you checked for you-tube videos too?
    It is interesting to note the number of small appliances on the shelf at the thrift stores. I like my air fryer though I don't use it as much as I should. The crockpot has been getting lots of use lately, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleep helps all ill feelings, and that cake looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks wonderful. I've just bought a new book about simle living that I'm looking forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting to note the influx of air fryers appearing in the thrift stores. I guess the bloom is off the romance for some people. We never succumbed to one but that's primarily because we don't have space to store it.

    ReplyDelete