Friday, February 2, 2024

Recipe Friday


 I thought for the next little while I would post recipes that I use in order to use up leftovers. These are recipes we really enjoy. Not too sure where I got them from, and I have tweaked then off and on through the years.

Ham Pasta Toss

12 oz uncooked spaghetti

3 or so tbsp of butter or margarine

2 c cubed leftover ham (I usually add a bit more)

2 cloves minced garlic

3 cups frozen peas that you have thawed (I use about half this)

2 tbsp fresh or dried parsley

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Cook spaghetti as directed (I have actually use penne pasta or even bowtie pasta). Drain. In large pan heat butter. Add the ham, cook and stir until slightly browned. Add the garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Stir in pasta, peas and parsley. Heat through and then sprinkle with cheese.


Pork Sloppy Joes

3 cups shredded leftover pork

14 oz can diced tomatoes

1/2 c ketchup

1 tbsp. Dijon mustard (I use regular)

1 tsp liquid smoke

1 c frozen corn

1 tsp dried basil

1 tsp chili powder

1 tsp cumin

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

4 kaiser or hamburger buns


In large pot combine pork, tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, liquid smoke and spices. Cook over medium heat, bring to a simmer and simmer 5 minutes. Add corn and simmer 5 more minutes to heat through. Spoon onto buns or rolls and serve hot.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

8 comments:

  1. Both recipes sound good and a great way to use up those leftovers. I had some leftover dressing today, but no chicken left, so I opened some canned chicken and doctored it up with onion powder and black pepper. It worked and fed both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have often wondered what a sloppy joe was! We dont have them here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you - they sound delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Never thought about sloppy joes with the shredded pork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. B was looking over my shoulder as I was reading your recipes and said the Ham Pasta Toss looked good and we should try that. I will let you know when we do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, we don't eat a lot of pasta but it is nice to have a new recipe for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the recipes!!! I've started a folder for them! They sound yummy. I love using up th leftovers. Mary

    ReplyDelete