Saturday, February 10, 2024

Saturday Roundup

 


The sun is trying to break through the clouds, but so far has not been able to. Good thing I have other projects to work on and not just the embroidered quilt blocks. Though I would like to get at least one done this month, still getting other projects completed is giving me satisfaction.

I actually have some pictures to share with you.

First thing this week I sewed my summer dress.


There is probably enough left of this fabric to make a tank top or a pair of very light weight shorts. I think a tank top would be the better choice though.

I then moved on to another cut out sewing project. Hey when it is dark and dreary, sewing can and does (well usually) improve my outlook.


Remember the bolt of batik fabric (11 meters) that I ironed a bit ago. Well part of it went to make this skirt. I love this pattern as it is a fake wrap skirt and such an easy pattern. 

There is quite a bit of this portion of the fabric left as well. Not sure what I will fashion out of the larger piece, but shorts and what Mom called a pop top (cause you just pop it on) could be the next items made. Which, will still leave me a good amount of fabric left over.

Lastly, I managed to get not just 2, but 3 aprons made from leftover bits of fabric. Used up some thread as well, since these will only be worn around the house, the contrast of the thread colours doesn't bother me at all.


After all this year is about saving money, using up what I have, and shopping at home first.

Next week I hope to get the cough drops made, the baby quilt flimsy done, my sweater put together, and perhaps some knitted mug cozies made as well. All will be using what I already have in my home. Oops, forgot I want to get at least this embroidered block done as well, so wish me luck on that project.


Everybody have a wonderful evening/afternoon.

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. You've been very productive! You'll have a nice new wardrobe to look forward to wearing when the weather gets warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the block.
    I love the dress and skirt patterns. Do you ever model your projects?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Non stop Jackie! You work so hard, and so full of ideas about how to re use/recycle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully productive week. It all looks fab. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to be able to make your own clothes. Sewing has never been one of my skills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that patterned dress fabric, I haven't made myself a dress for years. I might have a go seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely items to wear. The fabrics are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete