Friday, February 23, 2024

Recipe Friday


 

I think I will be doing my shopping a little earlier this week. It seems we are under a weather advisory for snow and freezing rain starting on Sunday night (if not before). Guess winter is not over at all as of yet.


Thought I would share a simple soup recipe with you all today. I am sure many of you already make something very similar.


Cabbage Soup

1/2 lb hamburger

1/4 cup finely chopped onion

4 cups tomato juice

10 oz. condensed beef broth

1 cup water

3/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

1/8 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp granulated sugar

5 cups shredded cabbage, packed

Scramble fry the hamburger in a frying pound until brown. Put next nine ingredients in a large pot. Add the browned hamburger. Bring this to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes. Serve. This should make enough to freeze some for later. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


6 comments:

  1. Yum. I have everything here to make that. Stay safe - weather has been a bugger this year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious. I was shocked at the price of tomato juice at one of the stores I was at today. I go to several stores though, so i'm sure I'll find it somewhere else cheaper. It's so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having a couple of warm sunshine but rain is beckoning - we're not out of the rainy season just yet.
    I love soups. That sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. need some cabbage and I need to make this soup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That recipe sounds very much like the one we often make. It's yummy!

    ReplyDelete