Thursday, February 15, 2024

Thrifty and Frugal Thursdays


Thrifty and Frugal 


I thought I might as well start this post off with what I have gotten done on my Goals so far for this month.




1.  Finish the block of embroidery and start another. Almost done

2.  Sew the dress I cut out. Done

3.  Cut the strips I will use for the sashing on the baby quilt flimsy. Done

4.  Cut out skirt. Done

5.  Sew skirt. Done

6.  Try one downloaded free embroidery pattern.

7.  Finish the sweater I am knitting. Done, will sew the seams tonight

8.  Use appliances to cook more meals. Ongoing challenge

9.  Pull yarn for my next knitting projects. Done

10.  Knit some mug cozies for the silent auction. Decided to do something else

11.  Cut out and sew 2 aprons. Done, in fact I made three.

12.  Fix chair cushions. 

Still time this month to get a few more of these completed. I might even get the flimsy sewn as well. That is moving along very nicely.


So now what thrifty and frugal practices have taken place here on the old homestead.

It has been pretty sunny for the last 4 days, so the drapes are open to take advantage of the lovely solar light and heat.

I have used my air fryer and the instant pot to cook meals this week. Hopefully I will pull out the toaster oven for some warm ups in the next few days. The microwave has been used as well by Harvey for his lunches.

I have decluttered some items in my sewing/craft room. These will be dropped off tomorrow, when I go and finish my shopping.

Hung 3 loads on the lines downstairs.

Using up leftovers in the freezer over the next couple of days.

Shopped sale items at the grocery today.

Still turning off lights in rooms not in use.

Gas and electric were lower than last year for this month.

Fixed a seam on a pair of my pants.

Darned a pair of my socks. 

Went for a couple of short walks. It is icy out so I don't travel too far.


Harvey was at the hospital for his procedure on time. The doctor however had an emergency surgery and there was someone in before him. This meant he wasn't out until after lunch. As they found a polyp or two he can not eat any "roughage" for the next few days. There goes the idea of the salad tonight. 

Kris called and his surgery went just fine. The doctor hopes that he managed to get all the capsule and so is Kris. He says he doesn't need us to come up, which is probably a good thing overall. I can get more cleaned and worked on here at home. We also found out he slipped on his steps up to the deck and banged his ribs pretty bad. He got to sit in the emergency department for 13 hours that day. They are bruised a bit, but he says feel almost back to normal today.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.


9 comments:

  1. You got a lot accomplished already. Hope everyone is on the mend now. Please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband had that procedure a a month or so ago - he too had 2 polyps. and they did a rubberband procedure for his hemorrhoids'. (shh don't tell him I told you) He's all better now. Thank God. And no cancer!
    Ouch for your son - falling on ice would be very scary at our age.
    You just keep on, doing what you do best - I totally couldn't keep up with you. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, you really are one busy lady!
    I'm glad everyone seems to be healing/recovering/getting on. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. 13 hours! Sounds like UK waiting times. I hope all is well with both your 'invalids'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #'s 1, 8 and 9 are ongoing for me too. I made a rule last winter to use one small appliance each week and I did fairly well with it. Not so much this winter. Sitting in ER so long is so tiring. Annoying but it is best to be rid of polyps. Always something it seems. Have a good weekend now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope both your guys are soon back to normal! You certainly have been keeping more than busy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am pleased to read both proceedures went well Jackie - that is a relief to you. Your emergency room waiting hours sound just like ours over here - its dreadful & makes you put off going when you know you will sit there for so long. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes to both your hubby and son.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are really smashing your monthly goals and frugal measures this month Jackie. Well done.

    ReplyDelete