Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Midweek Yet Again

 


We are into the last full week of the month and the weather has turned once again. Nice and actually sunny as well as warmish. The snow is melting once again. Grass is starting to appear and the dirt road at the end of our street is getting muddy once again. Has spring sprung, or is this our 2nd false spring of this year.

I made it to my dental appointment this morning, and that is now done for another 4 months. No fillings this year so that is great, spent way too much on the dental health budget line last year and in January of this year. Still if I want to keep my teeth this is a necessary evil.

I am still fatigued for most of the day, but when I crawl into bed I have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. This means I get up a bit later than I like as well. 

Rested up most of yesterday because of the dentist appointment. I finished sewing up my sweater, and started on a next months project. Today I have tried out one of my embroidery patterns I downloaded and it seems to have worked. However, pretty sure I downloaded three free patterns, but only two are showing up on my thumb drive. I will need Kris here to make sure I am moving them onto it properly. Now, that it works, there will be some paid for designs downloaded as soon as possible (like at Easter). I have an idea for some new tea towels (something desperately needed as the ones in the drawer are getting pretty tatty).

There has been a bit of a change in the menus for this week. Tonight we will finish off the hamburgers that were our meal on Monday and the soup will be moved until Friday, so no Tuna Casserole this month. 

Off to get supper on the table, and then hopefully visit all of you after the clean up.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


10 comments:

  1. Glad you made it to the dental appointment and that you got a good report. I'm with you in the not being able to fall asleep thing - it's pretty well a nightly occurrence for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not holding my breath on spring yet! It was gorgeous here today - rain coming in tonight. Saturday maybe flurries - then warm again next week. Up and down!
    Good job on the checkup. Enjoy your dinner and have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m a very good sound sleeper and once asleep, I don’t hear a thing. My husband is the opposite. I’ve been that way for as long as I can remember. I hope it doesn’t change. I’m just about 70 years old and I hear it’s common to not sleep as well as we once did. Gosh, I’d be a wreck and a bit crabby without my sleep.
    That’s good you are taking care of your teeth.
    We’re supposed to get some sunshine - soon. We really are soggy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing the results of your downloads in due time. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for getting all your to do list done this month and starting on next month's. You've smashed it this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you rcvd a good report from your dentist, Jackie. Spring will be here very soon! I'm ready for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear the dental appointment was dealt with relatively easily. I have to wonder if you don't have some sort of bug causing you to be fatigued. Might not be a bad idea to see your doctor if it lasts much longer and at least have a blood test.
    Well done on your projects. There is a reason I don't set goals because I tend to procrastinate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love embroidered tea towels and then they get all stained and I think all that work, but they bring me joy!.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As our weather gets nicer, i am sitting outside me and can't read my phone as easily. That means i get behind on reading blogs.
    I'm glad your weather is warming up but i doubt it will stay. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dentist visits really are a necessary evil, and very expensive too. But that is you done now...till next time.

    ReplyDelete