Friday, October 14, 2022

Frugal Friday

 


Another Friday has come around. As I have said before the days are just whizzing by and sometimes, I lose track of what day it is. Perhaps I am losing my mind, or at least some of my cognitive abilities. Not that it runs in my family on either side, but perhaps I need to do more to keep my mind active and engaged.


So, what frugal things have I been up to this week.

1.  We didn't turn on the heat until Tuesday. I would have liked to go a bit longer, but I am happy with how long we managed without it.

2.  Drapes are open on these lovely fall days in order to let in the sun's light and for solar heating.

3.  Hung clothes on the line on Monday, and if the weather hangs in I may be able to get another week's laundry line dried as well. 

4.  Made Harvey and my Covid booster scheduled for Monday at around noon. All done online.

5.  Paid our bills online. 

6.  Gathered the items needed to work on Christmas gifts. 

7.  As I was getting short on reading material, I downloaded some free books onto my ereader.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.


8 comments:

  1. We’re still using the AC but it does kick on later in the afternoon so that’s a bit of a saving. It was 99 today.

    I need to get in for my flu shot next week. Husband got his at the VA yesterday.

    It is crazy how fast the days go by. We’re almost halfway through October already.

    Take care and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good week, Jackie. You’ve reminded me I need to get my Covid booster and flu vaccine. I also need to start working on Christmas presents. I hope you have a good weekend. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the weeks seem to go past so fast. Feels like the earth has speeded up spinning around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have had our heat on since Monday. But then B says I am a hot house flower in the winter. We are scheduled for our covid boosters next week. Like you, I sometimes lose what day it is. I am finding that I often tell myself what day it is when I get up in the morning. Oh, the trials of getting older.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did better than I, the furnace has been running for a couple of weeks. When the sun shines, I do open the sun room in the afternoon and I find it warms it up enough that the furnace doesn't kick in until late evening.
    I've got to get my Covid and flu shots booked. Hopefully next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a good week. No heating on here yet as my thermostat not dropped below 19 C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're in a great place with the weather here, where it's cool in the mornings & evenings, but sunny during the day. We haven't turned on the heat yet, and will likely be able to make it another few weeks at least.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We received notification from the online site that we're due to get our next booster shot but according to what I understand it shouldn't be until the end of December. Not sure what to do about that one.
    The only things we wash in the machine are the bath towels and the sheets - the rest we do by hand and then we hang them on an extra rod over the bathtub to dry. Figure we're saving at least $30/month in laundry fees.

    ReplyDelete