Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Tuesday Tidbits

 

Nothing much happening around here. Cutting strips, tying strips, knitting in the evenings. Things are moving along slowly, but at least they are moving. 

I went to Walmart this morning, and I am now wondering how on earth we will manage to stay within budget. Prices look to have risen once again. I did manage to pick up my supplements on sale, as well as some coffee. Found some inexpensive salt, and mayo was on sale as well. Still there were lots of items that we could not do without, so they were purchased with an eye to stretching them as far as possible. Still this shop was quite depressing when compared to the one at the grocery last week. 

I have been trying to get more room on my kitchen counters and asked Harvey to make me a shelf for under the cupboard. I wanted to put my Google Nest and bar code scanner on it. He made it a bit larger than I expected and I believe that I have managed to get a few other items off the countertop and up. Created more room in front and since Hubby put the espresso machine away, there seems to be more room yet.

He was very frugal or thrifty and made it with items already in his workroom.


I will probably tweak the set up a little, but so far it gave me room to make a salad without moving things around too much. Now perhaps I could talk him into making something similar for the sewing/craft room....

Now for the question...Is blogger acting strange for anyone else today?


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. That looks like a great set up there. Good for Harvey! I don't like a cluttered work space so the more things out of sight the better. I'm always adjusting it it seems. I'm finding the comment on Blogger is odd for some sites. There does seem to be something with it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not really noticed Blogger acting strange, but then I haven't blogged today, just read a few posts. Love the shelf. I imagine it makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just opened blogger this morning, and I'm not having any issues. Maybe they resolved them overnight.
    The shelf looks great!
    I'm off to grocery shop this morning, and I suspect I'll be annoyed too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know prices are crazy here and they are limiting the number of eggs people can buy so we are grateful for our chickens. I just bought the limit one $1.99 a pound ground beef 3 lb. package at the store this week and that is it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve notice today it’s been challenging trying to post comments on some blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jackie, May I ask what you use the bar code scanner for? I’ve never heard of anyone having one at home. Thanks. Best wishes. Margie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish our kitchen had room for a shelf like that but ours is a teeny little apartment kitchen with cement walls so we can't drill into them. Anything we get would have to be free-standing and there's no room to 'stand' anything.

    ReplyDelete