Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Tuesday Tidbits

 

It has been a very strange day. Starting off it was very windy and overcast. Then the rain came, and the wind died down to a gentle breeze. 

I headed off to my dental appointment and it was raining. Got there and it had almost stopped. By the time my teeth were cleaned, and I had paid the bill, the rain had stopped completely. Yet when I arrived at home it was coming down buckets once again. The sun came out and we actually had sunny weather for about 3 hours (windy mind you). Now it is dark and cloudy once again and the wind has risen. I hope tomorrow is better, at least sunshine happening.

Today I made more tomato sauce. This time I tried not blanching the tomatoes and when it was all cooked down I whizzed it with my immersion blender, and it looks nice and smooth. Really thick as well. Now another 3 pints are residing in the freezer. 

I have also started Kurt's rug. 


This could take a bit of time to accomplish. I have also discovered the mesh is much smaller than that which I used to make my rug. Less stiff as well, and by using every hole it is causing a ripple effect on the back. I may have to do every second hole. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you got the garage up and I enjoyed reading your weekly menu. We've been eating Thanksgiving leftovers and today I cooked the turkey carcass in the slow cooker to make soup tomorrow. Turkey becomes economical when it goes so far and I got mine on a good sale. I like that you have started a hooked rug. I used to hook them years ago...there were kits I would buy and then give the as gifts. Haven't thought of that in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you mentioned your immersion blender. I’ve been without one for about 2 years and just today I decided I need to purchase another one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every other hole sounds a good idea and it will look lovely when it's done.

    Wishing you sunshine today . . . xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with making the rug. I remember making one quite a few years ago now and it took quite a bit of work. I'm sure it will look great when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's sunny here in Regina this morning, but quite cool and VERY windy. I had leaves on the front yard which is xeriscaped, but they've all blown down the street. I'm hoping it warms enough in the sun room to open it up this afternoon.
    I can only imagine how much work that rug would be. But I'm sure it will turn nicely and be appreciated for its warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were supposed to get a great deal of wind today but not so far - hopefully it doesn't happen.
    It's going to be fun to watch the rug evolve. I'd love to have one but at this stage of our lives they are a tripping hazard.

    ReplyDelete