Saturday, October 22, 2022

Saturday Roundup

 


Wow, Saturday already and I have nothing completed to show for the week. Made good starts on things, completed the Bible study homework before the meeting, baked bread and managed to blanch and freeze two more bags of tomatoes. I also cut four scraps of various knit fabrics into what I need to use on the rug. Realizing that I need much more, and I am not too sure where I will get what I need. 

I have pulled out the patterns and fabric for the robe, pj bottoms, and even a couple of sweater knit tops. It seems like I am short winter dress tops and winter sweaters. Guess once Christmas is done, I will get the needles working on some warm clothing for me. 

Shopping was done, and while I dreaded what the total would be, I was actually pleasantly surprised that it wasn't much higher. Still having a well-stocked pantry and freezer enables me to just hit the sale items. There are warnings going out on various news sites that we have not seen the end to rising prices. Now that is scary, I so worry about those that can't manage and are living pay cheque to pay cheque. 

I have two small pumpkins that should be ripe enough to process tomorrow. More homegrown goodness in the freezer. 

Menus are being switched around to use up leftovers, and plans are in the works for more appliance cooking. If costs of electric and gas go up, I do want to do everything I can to keep those costs as low as humanly possible. Cutting costs where we can is just smart economics. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



5 comments:

  1. The days & weeks sure do fly by Jackie - I agree! Yes food prices over here are reaching all time highs as well. I am lucky with the veggie garden & I grow what I can. I worry about those doing it hard too. Enjoy the week Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very worrying time all round at the moment. It's not just food, it is fuel and increasing shortages and world events and - well, not a great time. I'm glad you were happy with your shopping costs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the food price rises here quite scary. Sometimes things go up 20% overnight. I can't afford a big stash at the moment, and OH isn't keen on having lots of extra food everywhere, so I'll try to fill my pantry shelf as best I can and leave it at that. Something put aside is better than nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing completed? I would say you did pretty well. I have tried very hard to combine trips when we go out but this past week we had to go out all but one day for various things (including oil change/tire change on the car). Luckily everything we needed to do is close but still annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to say something similar to Magpie. Your idea of nothing completed and mine are quite different.
    I don't see prices reducing anytime soon and I'm pretty sure our cost of living increase in pensions won't approach the inflation rate. Things aren't going to get easier any time soon. Your frugal habits will certainly help you weather this latest storm. I recall the interest rates of the early 80's and I shudder to think how people managed then.

    ReplyDelete