Monday, October 24, 2022

Menu Monday and a Question

 


Another week of using up all that I can and stretching what I can as well. Still working on clearing out the fridge freezer a little bit. I am hopeful to accomplish this by the end of next week.

Monday

Clearing out two small steaks from the freezer. I am making a steak casserole. Serving it with mixed veggies and fried leftover potatoes (with a bit of fried onion mixed in).


Tuesday

Leftover ham which I will just warm up this time (any leftover will be used for sandwiches for a couple of days). I think I will make some kind of pasta and also some peas.


Wednesday

Eggplant Parma from the freezer downstairs.


Thursday

Meatballs in mushroom sauce, served with noodles and probably corn. Leftovers will be frozen and used next week.


Friday

Soup and sandwiches. I have a couple of cans of soup that need to be used. I will probably make grilled cheese sandwiches.


Saturday

There are 3 hamburger patties that need to be out of the fridge freezer. Serving those with baked beans. Need to think what else, perhaps sliced tomatoes.


Today I made a Dutch Apple pie which should give us dessert for a few days. I have some pumpkins sitting in front of the window and if they get ripe enough, I may try my hand at a pumpkin cake to see us through the remainder of the week. Though pumpkin muffins sound pretty good as well.

Now for the question.

I was asked if I was using wool strips for the rug. I am using knit fabric as it is easier for me to work with right now. It is also helping me get all those knit fabric scraps used up (I even need more so will be cutting out some tops and a dress to add to the mix). I still think that I may have to purchase a few half meters of different colours (like black, blue, red, brown, white and solid navy). It is taking way more than I thought it would.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Good food and you are good at using things up. The rug will be quite nice by the sounds of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thaks for the answer. I know pulling scraps through rugs and is very time consuming and I would imagine that wool would eventually wear on your hands. I so want to do a braided wool rug and have been saving wool for years to make one. Another project that I may never get to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about your " use it up" menus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again - I'm interested in seeing a pic of your rug taking project. I knitted a small rug from selvedges some time ago and it lives in front of my laundry tub. It was a bit hard on my hands to knit, but once completed is nice and colourful, and washes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we're all going to have to tighten our belts and make our food stretch as much as possible. We already eat that way but will have to figure out ways to stretch things even more. This week we had a small roast of beef (first time in nearly 2 years) and we ate it sliced for a couple of nights and then the rest was made into stew which will likely last us a week (some is going in the freezer for a meal or two later on).

    ReplyDelete